Monday, January 11, 2010

Grunge Isn't Dead, and Kristin McMenamy is Still Fabulous





Kristin McMenamy is still looking smashing at 43; I hear she does Bikram yoga and slathers her face in moisturizer constantly, so I know that we have at least two things in common. After pouring over her stunning photos from the July '09 issue of Italian Vogue all morning, I went hunting for some older pictures of her. I dug up these great grunge pictures that make me very happy. Although I love glamour, I am totally grunge by default because I am always spilling stuff all over myself and staining all my clothes, and I wear stuff until it is beyond tattered and worn. And because I love Nirvana. And flannel.

These top two pics are two of my favorites from the Italian Vogue shoot with Steven Meisel.
Androgynous biker is always a sexy look. The naked one is beautiful but also pretty goth and scary. It reminds me of Windham Earl from Twin Peaks, specifically that scene where he is in an evil trance with his big gaping black mouth. Reeee reeeee. If I look as good as Kristin when I am 43 I will be stoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment